Форум для мамочек Бреста

Объявление

Инклюзивный центр Авокадо

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Пообщаемся на английском?

Сообщений 271 страница 300 из 488

biggie написал(а):

What about our meeting in the park?

do feel like i need it

Oh, I'm going to the village next week. But after that I'll be glad to have meeting.

I've just read a lovely story about "the secret of a happy marriage".  Here it is:

A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything and talked about everything. They had no secrets from each other, except that the little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover. In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to her bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box.

When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money totaling $25,000.

"When we were to be married," she said, "my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll."

The old man was so moved that he had to fight back tears. Only two precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him twice in all those years of living and loving? As he gazed lovingly into her eyes, he almost burst with happiness.

"But what about all this money? You didn't save all of that out of your household allowance, did you?"

"Oh no," she said, "That's the money I earned selling dolls!"

[взломанный сайт]

It`s a wonderful history. I think my husband could to earn a lot of money if he can crochet)))
p/s/ sorry for my english

biggie написал(а):

That's the money I earned selling dolls!

:cool:

summer time.... and it's so quiet here.
Yesterday I read a joke that I'd like to share with you:

A guy is going on a tour of a factory that produces various latex products. At the first stop, he is shown the machine that manufactures baby-bottle nipples. The machine makes a loud "hiss-pop" noise. "The hiss is the rubber being injected into the mold," explains the guide. "The popping sound is the needle poking a hole in the end of the nipple."

Later, the tour reaches the part of the factory where condoms are manufactured. The machine makes a "Hiss. Hiss. Hiss. Hiss-pop" noise. "Wait a minute!" says the man taking the tour. "I understand what the 'hiss, hiss,' is, but what's that 'pop' every so often?"

"Oh, it's just the same as in the baby-bottle nipple machine," says the guide. "It pokes a hole in every fourth condom."

"Well, that can't be good for the condoms!"

"Yeah, but it's great for the baby-bottle nipple business!"

biggie написал(а):

"Yeah, but it's great for the baby-bottle nipple business!"

:D

biggie написал(а):

I read a joke

cool) translated this to my husband... what can I say, he didn't get it( MEN!

Linka
here's another one that men usually like:

A blonde, wanting to earn some money, decided to hire herself out as a handyman-type and started canvassing a wealthy neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any jobs for her to do.

"Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?"
The blonde said, "How about 50 dollars?" The man agreed and told her that the paint and ladders that she might need were in the garage. The man's wife, inside the house, heard the conversation and said to her husband, "Does she realize that the porch goes all the way around the house?"
The man replied, "She should. She was standing on the porch."

A short time later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money.
"You're finished already?" he asked. "Yes," the blonde answered, "and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats. "Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the $50. "And by the way," the blonde added, "that's not a Porch, it's a Ferrari."

+1

biggie написал(а):

that's not a Porch, it's a Ferrari

when translated it lost the very sense it has in English, but yeah lol

my kids adore watching this! It's called SuperSimpleLearning, made by Americans who teach English to Japanese kids. It's just amazing how quickly my girls learn these songs (and so do I http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/mosking.gif )

+1

and one more link with Mother Goose nursery rhymes

one more link for those who likes puzzles, crosswords, etc. and who likes learning with fun.
vocabulary games

funny link about English verb verb

http://cs11066.vkontakte.ru/u7115329/-7/x_c8381379.jpg

+1

Linka
thanks a million! That was fun!
http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/rofl.gif

http://cs5258.vkontakte.ru/u7363784/-7/y_c810e067.jpg
it made me smile. what about you?

+1

Linka ha, What about Africa? Where is it?  very strange that they forgot about the petrol and where it comes

Hey! where's everybody? what's up?

summer time is over, sooo...
back to English)

right! the summer's over and we didn't meet up as we'd wanted to...

biggie написал(а):

we'd wanted to...

plans... dreams... and now autumn

ok. who knows, with a bit of luck we could meet up before it's xmas time))  :whistle:

biggie написал(а):

we could meet up

it all depends on how well organized we will be this time

A schoolboy has been withdrawn from lessons after his father refused to cut off his son's three-inch ponytail
I guess in our schools this wouldn't be an issue. what dо you think?

biggie написал(а):

I guess in our schools this wouldn't be an issue. what dо you think?

That's right. What a nonsense! No matter what a hairdress a pupil has got -- he must be taught equally with others at school. As far as I know, there are pupils wearing different dreads or long hair (I mean boys) in our schools -- I don't think they have any similar problems, except some personal comments maybe.

biggie написал(а):

where's everybody? what's up?

I was absent because a news about my pregnancy knocked me dead (and I've been dead for a long time  :canthearyou: ). But now I'm fine and happy again -- I'll be a mother of two daughters soon.  8-)

Julia&Maria написал(а):

I'll be a mother of two daughters soon

It really is good news! Please don't disappear any more ;)

Crazy names for celebrities' kids. Once again, it's something not so typical of our culture - just have a look at our forum kids' names... and compare with Apple, Sunday, Brooklyn, Suri, Kal-El, Peaches, Honeyblossom, Fifi Trixibell, Rumer Glenn, Tallulah Belle and Scout LaRue, Poppy Honey, Daisy Boo, Petal Blossom Rainbow and many-many more.  :rofl:

Захотел Муджабар иммигрировать в Канаду. Вызывает его иммиграционный офицер на интервью и говорит:
— Все документы в порядке, осталось лишь подтвердить знание английского языка. Поэтому, — говорит, — будьте добры, составьте предложение, в котором были бы слова "green", "pink" и "yellow".
— The telephone goes green, green, green, and I pink up, and say, "Yellow, this is Mujibar!".