Форум для мамочек Бреста

Объявление

Инклюзивный центр Авокадо

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Пообщаемся на английском?

Сообщений 451 страница 480 из 488

biggie
May be... but it's so urgh :x

"There's always one of those days where your middle finger is an answer to every question..." :canthearyou:

+1

how mothers deliver a baby from a little girl's point of view

Men's Brain vs Women's Brain

Отредактировано biggie (31-08-2013 22:10:54)

National Flags Created From the Foods Each Country Is Commonly Associated With
Make sure you aren't hungry before watching the pictures ;)

biggie написал(а):

“People don’t change that much. Don’t waste time trying to put in what was left out. Try to draw out what was left in. That is hard enough. (Люди почти не меняются. Не теряйте времени, пытаясь вложить в них то, что им не дано от природы. Старайтесь выявить то, что в них заложено. Все это достаточно трудно.)”                                           Marcus Buckingham

Brilliant words, very impressive and truthful indeed. There's nothing to add, but I can't help adding:

It's so easy to put out what was left in.

We all make mistakes, don't we? But some can't be corrected

Happy Teachers' Day to those who stay in the profession against all odds!

+1

Most of us end up with no more than 5 or
6 people who remember us. Teachers have
thousands of people who remember them
for the rest of their lives.
Andrew A. Rooney

Congratulations, ladies!

+1

17 Bizarre Foods Every Russian Grew Up With  (Besides borscht).
The comments there are a great read too :)

Making history, a queen and three kings in waiting

http://s4.uploads.ru/t/tnVuN.jpg

http://s4.uploads.ru/t/EdZqu.jpg

How about checking your IQ? just 32 questions :)

Four Catholic men and a Catholic woman
were having coffee in St. Peters Square.
The first Catholic man tells his friends, "My
son is a priest, when he walks into a room,
everyone calls him 'Father'. "
The second Catholic man chirps, "My son is
a Bishop. When he walks into a room
people call him 'Your Grace'. "
The third Catholic gent says, "My son is a
Cardinal. When he enters a room everyone
bows their head and says 'Your Eminence'.
"
The fourth Catholic man says very proudly,
"My son is the Pope. When he walks into a
room people call him 'Your Holiness'. "
Since the lone Catholic woman was sipping
her coffee in silence, the four men give her
a subtle, "Well .........? "
She proudly replies, "I have a daughter,
slim, tall, 38" DD bust, 24" waist and 34"
hips.
When she walks into a room, everybody
says, "Oh My God. "

Have found this lovely collection of Christmas carols:

+2

I use some these songs to have Christmas mood.

it's been a while since my last post here, it looks like nobody wants to contribute any more... But I know there are people who read this thread ;) , so I won't let it go, and here I am - writing again

There's been a lot of talk about such a (rightfully) sensitive issue like paedophilia. In the UK they've started a campaign promoting "the Underwear Rule", which is "a simple way that parents can help keep children safe from abuse - without using scary words or mentioning sex."

Now I wonder if there's anything as effective as this UK campaign in our country.... probably it's worth asking our forumites

вот  прям  в  тему  сча  увидела))))))))))))))))))))))http://s9.uploads.ru/t/fvYXC.jpg

biggie написал(а):

In the UK they've started a campaign promoting "the Underwear Rule", which is "a simple way that parents can help keep children safe from abuse - without using scary words or mentioning sex."

if the British talking about this problem and started such active campaign, I'm scared to imagine the scale of this calamity

biggie написал(а):

Now I wonder if there's anything as effective as this UK campaign in our country.... probably it's worth asking our forumites

I think by virtue of our upbringing, our society is not in principle prepared to discuss such problems. Many of us prefer to keep silent while regularly to hear scandals neighbors behind the wall, crying children, thereby suppressing their so-called the civil liability, we are unable to call the cops and to report potential violence. Unfortunately, we have the problem exists only in our situation is even worse, we also have the pedophilia, incest, rape, but that's not teach our children to claim incident. Parents often prefer to close their eyes and move on, just not be aware what happens with their child.

Honey Any написал(а):

Parents often prefer to close their eyes and move on, just not be aware what happens with their child.

well, it does take guts not to turn a blind eye to the problem...

biggie написал(а):

well, it does take guts not to turn a blind eye to the problem...

Sometimes I think that we, in principle, no guts no matter what, no to recognition our own mistakes or the recognition that each of us has their own skeletons in the closet, that each of us is not perfect..

10 Simple Things You Can Do Today That Will Make You Happier, Backed By Science - quite a few of these do work for me. Gotta try the rest of them.

+1

Worth watching
Have you ever thought about the requirements for this job?

+1

I wish all mums who are indignant at our school system could read this article about British schools.
Appreciate what you have, before it becomes what you had!

+1

http://sa.uploads.ru/t/ApRGl.jpg

+1

This world has gone CRAZY!!

Sex change drugs 'to be offered to nine-year-olds'

Отредактировано Honey Any (26-05-2014 22:29:37)

Honey Any написал(а):

This world has gone CRAZY!!

i can say only
F*CK YOU F*CKING F*CK

танита написал(а):

i can say only
F*CK YOU F*CKING F*CK

me too, this garbage is beyond my ken
immediately fell in love the russian language, for its innumerable epithets and an infinite number of swears

Honey Any написал(а):

Found a good comment there:

The parents to this child should be jailed & the clinic / doctor who has thought this is a good idea along with them. This is nothing but child abuse!

The parents to this child should seriously read this long-Term Follow-Up of Transsexual Persons done in Sweden Long-Term Follow-Up of Transsexual Persons Undergoing Sex Reassignment Surgery: Cohort Study in Sweden
It consisted of 324 sex-reassigned persons (191 male-to-females, 133 female-to-males) in Sweden, 1973–2003. Random population controls were matched by birth year and birth sex or reassigned (final) sex, respectively.
As far as I know no study has been so seriously made on the subject as this one, it's not slapped together over a weekend.

Some points raised
* The overall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up than for controls of the same birth sex, particularly death from suicide.
* Sex-reassigned persons also had an increased risk for suicide attempts and psychiatric inpatient care.
* Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population.

This study might be able to actually help save lives, instead of this crazy experiment that goes on right now, even using children apparently.

All I can say is we are lucky (or truly blessed, if you don't believe in luck) not to have faced such a problem...

I've watched a scary movie about current food production system, GMO foods and the unintentional effects of pesticides... http://i51.fastpic.ru/big/2013/0116/50/b2f24c4ec21d50e14d8f0b83cc694b50.gif

biggie
I do believe that even in this particular video the effect caused by the pesticieds is somehow underestimated. we'll never know the truth, even now the information people are provided with is placed in a good light. It is not always what we deserve to know, but what we have to know at a particular period of time.

The other day I came across this hilarious video - a song by the British comedy singing group called "Fascinating Aïda".  If you've ever had to deal with cheap flights from low cost airlines, you'll definitely like this. Enjoy!

Having a good laugh is a great way to start your day
http://se.uploads.ru/t/sUhZF.jpg              http://se.uploads.ru/t/chmyB.jpg