Форум для мамочек Бреста

Объявление

Инклюзивный центр Авокадо

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Пообщаемся на английском?

Сообщений 121 страница 150 из 488

Linka написал(а):

life helped me to escape this lot and I worked as an interpreter.

It is quite the other way round with me: I am crazy about teaching, while translating bores me to death!

As for me, I equally enjoy teaching and translating. I've been teaching for a long time already but it's still fun to me.
Translation's more like a hobby that also brings some money :)

Well.. Hi everybody!
Pleasant to know you missed me)))
I moved to new flat, changed wallpapers, cleaned & washed everything..
You've discussed so many things!
As for me, I visited some shops & bought some books for teaching EL to kids. I like working with 4-8-year children. Their emotions are so..real! )))

ksanka написал(а):

bought some books for teaching EL to kids. I like working with 4-8-year children.

May I ask you, what books are these? Oh, curious me ... :jumping:

ksanka написал(а):

like working with 4-8-year children

lucky you are:) working with small children bores me to death, just because it is all about playing and having fun while learning, I do like more serious approach, which does not work with  kids.

I have a lot of e-materials for kids and grown-ups, let me know what you need, I can easily share. My pretty big collection of books (both for teachers and kis, teens) sometimes impresses even me though it is not the limit coz I have additional 250GB storage place.

ksanka написал(а):

I like working with 4-8-year children.

And I seem just not patient enough to teach 4-8-year-olds. I haven't tried though: have taught people aged 10+ (school students and adults)

biggie написал(а):

adults

I guess it is more rewarding, I mean teaching adults, as it often brings feedback for your own satisfaction. At least I enjoyed teaching adults aged 30-60 years more than anything else

here's an interesting piece about a new kind of English.

biggie написал(а):

here's an interesting piece about a new kind of English.

:cool:
btw, MSLU teachers can easily recognize which Uni you're studying in, obviously it concerns students from languages departments.

Linka написал(а):

MSLU teachers can easily recognize which Uni you're studying in, obviously it concerns students from languages departments.

And how do they do it? is that a matter of grammar or vocabulary?

Мальвина написал(а):

May I ask you, what books are these?

3 fairy-tales for kids & book of rhymes and chants for little begginers.)))

biggie написал(а):

Do you know this joke:
- How much watch?
- 12 o'cloch!
- (МИнск иняз) Yes, I does!
))
There are traditions in each Uni. In fact, youll recognize student of language faculty & student of pedagogical faculty in our University.

biggie написал(а):

For some teachers it is  just a matter of pronounciation, for others it is the vocabulary we use. For eg. our "burning desire" phrase and a lot of others. 
Moreover some of them (the ones I personally talked to) do this perfectly:)))

ksanka написал(а):

(МИнск иняз) Yes, I does!

In MSLU they tell this joke with "Брест иняз" ...

Linka написал(а):

For eg. our "burning desire" phrase

Could you explain this example please? I'm somewhat puzzled here... http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_thinking.gif
As for pronunciation, I believe it's all about one's abilities and hard work http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/blush2.gif .

Hey, girls, it's so  :cool: you've organized all this communication in English here! If I knew there was an english-speaking topic I would have joined you earlier. I'm really deprived of the language since I've given birth to baby.

Julia&Maria
just don't disappear from here! (a few people have done so ...) please join us and suggest your hot topics ;)

biggie написал(а):

just don't disappear from here!

I'll do me best to participate. :) The only reason for me to disappear is lack of spare time.

Linka :flag:

biggie написал(а):

Linka написал(а):

For eg. our "burning desire" phrase

Could you explain this example please? I'm somewhat puzzled here...

Отредактировано biggie (16-02-2011 00:05:02)

Girls, do you know English equivalent for "колобок"?

ksanka написал(а):

English equivalent for "колобок"

yep! it's "Gingerbread Man"

Отредактировано biggie (16-02-2011 00:21:15)

But gingerbread man isn't round!

ksanka
you asked for the equivalent. if you want a translation, that could be like here

ksanka написал(а):

English equivalent for "колобок"?

Колобок (персонаж сказки) -- Roly-Poly (title character of a Russian nursery tale: a baked roll which escaped from the house not to be eaten).

biggie, Multitran is also my first and essential helper in translation experience, but only after Lingvo. :) The matter is that the equivalents from Multitran might be exlusive (suggested by any user like you and me) or rarely used in contrast to Lingvo where they are stable and generally accepted.

Julia&Maria написал(а):

Колобок (персонаж сказки) -- Roly-Poly (title character of a Russian nursery tale: a baked roll which escaped from the house not to be eaten).

and how about this? that's what Roly-Poly! and if you don't trust Wiki, here's more

Now, I've just had an idea - that's another story that can help Ksanka!

Oh, biggie thanks. I really had no idea about that. Jonny-cake! I remember the name from my student's life.

Julia&Maria написал(а):

The matter is that the equivalents from Multitran might be exlusive (suggested by any user like you and me) or rarely used in contrast to Lingvo where they are stable and generally accepted.

In fact I'm aware of this, I like Lingvo too, but when it fails to help - Multitran rules!
Ksanka
you're welcome. Such questions as yours set us thinking, which is great!

Отредактировано biggie (16-02-2011 16:08:14)

biggie написал(а):

that's another story that can help

Sure, there may be a dozen variants, but as for me I would rather prefer "Roly-Poly" (this equivalent involves the very essence of the notion: a round cake).

biggie написал(а):

I like Lingvo too, but when it fails to help - Multitran rules!

+100. But Multitran failed to give Roly-Poly variant, so I added it there. :)

biggie написал(а):

Could you explain this example please? I'm somewhat puzzled here...

it is just a number of set expressions we have to know from our copies, well-known as "raspechatkas", and we start using them whenever we get a chance. So every languages department has its "own vocabulary", so to say, and for those who meet a lot of students from various Universities, it is just a matter of several sentences to tell from which one the student is.
And "burning desire" is the first phrase that came into my mind. I guess it is from the second course and since then we used it in every essay we wrote:)) the most wide-spread.
However, I wasn't very particular about the vocabbulary proposed, I tried to learn more from the books I read.

Julia&Maria написал(а):

communication in English here!

join in:)))

Julia&Maria написал(а):

But Multitran failed to give Roly-Poly variant, so I added it there.

As for me Multitran is my primary choice. But I do refer to Multilex first.

Linka написал(а):

I guess it is from the second course

now I recognize the most common thing our students say )) they tend to keep using it in spite of their teachers' efforts to make them say 'first/second... year'
But on the whole I got your point about "распечатки", thanks for your explanation!

Отредактировано biggie (18-02-2011 15:07:41)

+1

biggie написал(а):

'first/second... year'

right! year...